Friday, July 8, 2011

Nautical Fiction at its Best


I've been working hard to talk Linda Collison into doing a guest blog, and she had graciously agreed. I discovered Ms. Collison when I was doing research for my own manuscript. She is the author of two fabulous nautical fiction books taking place back in the age of fighting sail. On the rolling deck of a Royal Navy vessel, what sets her protagonist apart from Patrick O'Brian's Jack Aubrey, or C. S. Forester's Horatio Hornblower, is that her protagonist is female.

And she isn't supposed to be there.

Her newest book, Surgeon's Mate, has recently been published. Join me tomorrow for "Tension and Conflict on the High Seas," to get a glimpse of where Ms. Collison was when she got the idea for the first book, Star-Crossed, and what it took to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great fun. Really. I love them. Except from the bots that have found my blog. I'm enabling the word verification to block them. Sorry.