Monday, August 24, 2009

Mainstream is Still Upstream from Me

Jane Lotter lives in the Seattle area and is in the process of writing a book called The Bette Davis Club. It’s “a contemporary mainstream comedy set against the background of the Hollywood film industry.”

That is all she will allow me to say, but she sent me the 25 pages she submitted to the PNWA contest and it is really good. Daring. Different. Delightful.

Laurel Krill also lives in the Seattle area and sent me her contest entry too. It raises goosebumps and sends shivers down your spine. I am so keeping my fingers crossed that she gets an agent soon. If the rest of the book is as good as the first 25 pages, we'll be seeing it on the shelves.

It is so fun to meet the people who write books. I've often wondered what Steven King is like in person, or Mary Higgins Clark. What goes through their minds when they hear a bump in the night in their own house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great fun. Really. I love them. Except from the bots that have found my blog. I'm enabling the word verification to block them. Sorry.